Advertisement

Project Akagi | VHS Filter, Volumetric Lighting, Environment Test

Project Akagi | VHS Filter, Volumetric Lighting, Environment Test Testing out some new additions.

1) VHS Filter - Cubic screen-space VHS filter that can include any UI elements in its own rendering loop. For this example I used some of the famous timestamp text to test out it's authenticity. The main goal for this filter is to of course simulate looking through an old video camera. It will mostly be used for cutscene and what not, but I imagine I could have a toggle to enable it anytime since I designed it with simplicity in mind. Literally just turning on and off an effect and everything else is automatically taken care of in scripting.

2) Volumetric Lighting - Nothing super special here. I want to add some spice to the scenes, and I figured I could do that with great environment lighting, god-rays, and volumetric lighting/fog. There is still a lot to integrate and configure, but overall it provides great atmosphere and helps ground some of the environment. Normally it looks a bit empty or like stuff is floating, and volumetrics help out a lot with that.

3) Environment Test - This whole map (or lack there of :p) is a simple test environment I made to build various assets around. I didn't want to undertake making a very big map in order to then make assets afterwards. So I made a very simple downhill course that is probably less than 15 seconds of actual course. This helps me build various things around the overall style I aim to achieve for this game. However you may notice lots of clipping or model artifacts from the parametric models. Tree's clipping through walls, guard rails not bending correctly, walls bending rather odd. This is all necessary for the learning and building process but it's not a big thing at the same time.

Join us on Discord!
Subscribe and turn notifications on!

This game was/is made in Unity!

jidousha,shakai,cloudweight,project akagi,

Post a Comment

0 Comments