Advertisement

Sim2 HT300E DLP Projector Cooling Fan Replacement|Power Supply Part 2

Sim2 HT300E DLP Projector Cooling Fan Replacement|Power Supply Part 2 This was sent in by another viewer who was having a situation where the projector would run for a bit. Then it would freeze and shut down. Their initial diagnosis showed the lamp fan no longer spinning. This is not uncommon in Sim2's of that age. After repairing a small capacitor issue, I installed the fan and reassembled the projector a few times.

Sim2 is the only brand of projector that truly requires disassembly to replace the lamp. I imagine it cuts down on cost as well as the need for lamp housing design. They do have that frame at the front but that is hardly a housing. This makes it good in some ways but annoying in other ways. The picture is so nice though. They (Sim2) know what they are doing I suppose ;)

On a personal note, this is projector housing is a beautiful color. I didn't know they sold them in that red until I saw this one. I will keep an eye out in the future for myself.

The fan sizes are 80x80x15mm and 60x60x15mm. The lamp is a 120W P22 reflector (UHP in this case but PVIP will also work).

Bare Bulb:

I've had a handful of Sim2's to look at lately. They are a lot of fun to work on.

Part one

Thank you for watching and if you have any question please let me know.

sim2,sim2 ht300e,sim2 dlp projector,dlp repair,dlp projector repair,sim2 power supply,Sim2 Domino,Domino 20,sim2 domino 20,Sim2 DLP,Sim2 DLP projector,DLP video,dlp,dlp video projector,sim2 no power,no power projector,projector lamp,home theater,home theater projector,beamer,beamer lampen,beamer repair,dlp beamer,sim2 beamer,electronics repair,diy home theater,dlp no power,

Post a Comment

0 Comments