Advertisement

My song I wrote to celebrate the end of Essure

My song I wrote to celebrate the end of Essure In 2002, a birth control device called Essure was introduced to the public. In the subsequent years, it destroyed the lives of tens of thousands of women. I am one of the women that was injured by this device. In 2018, Bayer (the manufacturer of Essure) announced that they were pulling Essure off the market in the US (the last country it was available) due to low sales because of "women on Facebook spreading misinformation." We fought to get an unsafe and unreliable birth control off the market and we won! Doctors had one year to implant their remaining kits. December 31, 2019, we celebrated the death of Essure! This is the song I wrote for that celebration.

For more information about Essure, medical devices, and our journey check out The Bleeding Edge on Netflix.

Essure,birth control,advocacy,advocate,family planning,women's health,healthcare,medical devices,medical,health,women,song,songs,music,

Post a Comment

0 Comments