Advertisement

A BIG MISTAKE DIVIDEND STOCK INVESTORS ARE MAKING IN 2020

A BIG MISTAKE DIVIDEND STOCK INVESTORS ARE MAKING IN 2020 Today's dividend stock video illustrates a big mistake that dividend investors are making right now, in 2020 (in my humble opinion). I'm going to talk about two recent stock purchases I made this last week (BP and PPL) and also Boeing (BA) to illustrate the very mistake that I believe is happening out there. Learn why fluctuations in stock prices are less meaningful than most investors believe, how investors are wasting tremendous time and energy, and why I like to simply focus on deploying money in quality #dividend #growth #stocks.

Timestamps
0:00 Introduction – I purchased more shares of BP (at a 6.13% dividend yield) and more shares of PPL (at a 4.63% dividend yield) this last week. I'm going to use my purchase to illustrate a mistake I believe certain dividend investors are making.
1:41 TOPIC 1: BP Dividend Stock Analysis – What my recent stock purchase illustrate about dividend stock investing.
2:55 MISTAKE: Dividend investors are scared to invest and/or are getting too caught up in timing precise purchase prices.
4:56 KEY TAKEAWAY: I care about dividend income, not overall portfolio value.
12:15 KEY TAKEAWAY: My dollar cost averaging mentality (and identifying an entire range of value) has been game changing for me.
13:48 KEY TAKEAWAY: Rather than sweating the small stuff, I prefer to just get my money in the market, working for me and generating cash flow.
15:15 KEY TAKEAWAY: When I buy a stock, I imagine the capital is gone. I imagine I am buying a privately-held company for cash flow only and that the actual equity is illiquid.
20:03 TOPIC 2: Subscriber Question About Boeing (BA) and timing the stock market.
23:30 KEY TAKEAWAY Take the emotions out of investing and do the math. The math will often illustrate the best course of action (or at least help the investor arrive at the best solution).
25:41 KEY TAKEAWAY: Here's how portfolio diversification works, and why I don't sweat any one stock in terms of capital appreciation (as long as I am convinced I purchased the right stocks).
27:00 My family is looking forward to saving a ton of money during Frugal February!
31:16 IMPORTANT: I'm not saying that $50 is an insignificant amount of money. I'm saying that getting money to work in dividend stocks (whether it's $10 or $10,000) is more important than minor market fluctuations.
32:20 TOPIC 3: Let's talk about my recent PPL stock purchase, and my history with this dividend stock.
35:04 KEY TAKEAWAY: I am buying cash flow. That's all I'm doing!
36:26 BONUS: My 2020 goals are evolving!
41:54 BONUS: My knowledge of goodwill, intangible assets, and tier 1 capital ratio has evolved.
46:28 Disclosures and Disclaimers

Here's the video I did in early 2018 when everyone was scared to invest in the stock market:

Here's why I will not invest in Boeing (BA) stock:

Here's my recent blog post about goodwill and tier 1 capital ratio:

Here's my PPL dividend stock analysis video:

I'll be buying Wells Fargo (WFC) stock soon:

DISCLOSURE: I am long BP (BP), PPL Corporation (PPL), Starbucks (SBUX), United Technologies (UTX), and Pfizer (PFE). Also, I will be initiating a position in Wells Fargo (WFC) soon.

DISCLAIMER: All information and data on my YouTube Channel, blog, email newsletters, white papers, Excel files, and other materials is solely for informational purposes. I make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, suitability or validity of any information. I will not be liable for any errors, omissions, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. I will not be responsible for the accuracy of material that is linked on this site.

Because the information herein is based on my personal opinion and experience, it should not be considered professional financial investment advice or tax advice. The ideas and strategies that I provide should never be used without first assessing your own personal/financial situation, or without consulting a financial and/or tax professional. My thoughts and opinions may also change from time to time as I acquire more knowledge. These are, as discussed above, solely my thoughts and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments for any reason (abusive in nature, contain profanity, etc.). Your continued reading/use of my YouTube Channel, blog, email newsletters, whitepapers, Excel files, and other materials constitutes your agreement with and acceptance of this disclaimer.

COPYRIGHT: All PPC Ian videos, Excel files, guides, and other content are (c) Copyright IJL Productions LLC. PPC Ian is a registered trademark (tm) of IJL Productions LLC.

dividend,dividends,invest,investing,investor,investment,stock,stocks,mistake,mistakes,2020,investing mistakes,stock market,stock portfolio,stock market mistake,2020 stocks,stocks to buy in 2020,favorite stocks,cash flow,passive income,dividend stock,dividend stocks,dividend investing,dividend growth investing,how to invest,how to invest for dividends,how to invest in 2020,investing in the stock market,investing for beginners,ppc ian,ian lopuch,beginners,bp,

Post a Comment

0 Comments