Advertisement

Crazyclimber80's Tribute To PLAY THE PERCENTAGES!!

Crazyclimber80's Tribute To PLAY THE PERCENTAGES!! Another game show review! This one is the 1980 Jack Barry/Dan Enright Productions' PLAY THE PERCENTAGES. This featured the affable, easygoing and fun Geoff Edwards (Treasure Hunt, Starcade, Jackpot, Chain Reaction) in a game of determining the percentage of people who were surveyed who got a question right or wrong. Not a horrible concept, but numerous major format changes hurt the show. These changes included a complete revamp of both the regular game and the bonus round, most of which I was not a fan of. I remember this one-- I used to think it was an NBC show because the part of the set that revealed the percentage points in the main game resembled the NBC peacock! But this was syndicated. It aired I believe in the early afternoon. I remember watching this during the summer; my mom had just divorced my dad and I was visiting him at my soon-to-be stepmom's house on weekends. This ran for most of 1980 but episodes were re-ran from June to the end of the show's run. Geoff was great, the concept was okay.. but those big changes really hurt. This aired a lot on USA Network (part of their great game show lineup) and Game Show Network, so likely at least most of the series is intact. Happy Holidays, everyone!

Play The Percentages,1980,Jack Barry/Dan Enright,Geoff Edwards,game show,percentage points,surveyed people,bonus round,syndicated program,Hal Hidey,format changes,

Post a Comment

0 Comments