Advertisement

Maryland Law on Specific Performance ~ Md. Commercial Law Code § 22-811 | TPF

Maryland Law on Specific Performance ~ Md. Commercial Law Code § 22-811 | TPF Hello, this is real estate attorney Brian Pendergraft and this video is on the law on specific performance. That is Md Commercial Law Code § 22-811.

That is the law that I have pulled up in front of you. As you can see my version has been color-coded FAMU orange and green. Because I bleed orange and green. And I think it makes my videos easier to follow when I group the ideas. The link is in the description below if you would like to pull up the law and follow along yourself.



So, every video I've done so far has been part of the Maryland Property Law Code. But this is not in the commercial code because specific performance is a remedy that is not specific to real estate. That said, I am a real estate attorney and I will be sticking to what I know. So I will interpret this statute in the context of real estate legal issues.

A few caveats. 1. This is legal information, not legal advice. If you would like legal advice please contact a real estate attorney in your jurisdiction. My contact information is here if you're interested in consulting me:

2. This video was taken on November 24, 2019. So by the time you watch this video the law may have changed. Be sure to check the statute to see if there have been any changes.

So what is specific performance? Specific performance, at least in the context of real estate transactions is the ability to force a legal transaction to go through if the other party breaches the contract by backing out. In other words, it's the ability for a buyer to force a seller to sell the home if the seller backs out, or for the seller to force the buyer to buy. Let's get into it.

specific performance,Md. Commercial Law Code § 22-811,Real Estate Attorney,Brian Pendergraft,FAMU,Maryland Law,Real Estate Law,the law on real estate in maryland,the pendergraft firm,

Post a Comment

0 Comments