Advertisement

How To Sand and Finish Wood Floors like A PRO

How To Sand and Finish Wood Floors like A PRO First I grind the floor with sandpaper 40


Then I grind the edges with an
edge machine, sandpaper 60


Then I repair the deepest damage with oak paste

Drying time.

Then I grind with sandpaper 60.



Always sand in the fiber direction of the wood.
In this case when it is "fish bone pattern then grind diagonally in a fiber direction then change direction.

Then i grind with sandpaper 80, 100 & 120.



then I grind the edges with a nicer machine to blur the marks from the edge machine and the belt machine (sand 80)


Now the floor is ready for varnish or oil. But since I choose to color the floor, you have to further fade the machine's scratches with a grinding net. I sand with grinding net 120.


Then I vacuum the floor from all the dust



Then I put on the first product, (in this case I use Bona craft oil 2k) Apply properly but wipe away any excess.

Allow the oil to dry for at least 12 hours


Then I vacuum the floor from all the dust

Then its time for varnish, (i use Bona Traffic 2k)




Allow the to dry for at least 3 hours

Then its time for varnish again.

Varnish 2-3 times.

Bona craft oil 2k,bona craft oil,bona traffic,bona belt,bona edge,sand wood floors,sand wooden floor,sand & finnish wooden floor,renovate wooden floor,

Post a Comment

0 Comments