Advertisement

Using Save the Cat to plot my book - Part 2!

Using Save the Cat to plot my book - Part 2! In which I attempt (again) to plot my book using Save the Cat by Blake Snyder! Covered in this episode: beat sheets and story boards.

And yes, I am in a cupboard in the first part of this video. I'd hoped that more light would improve the video quality, then realised the cupboard doors were glass and I had reflection problems 😂

QUESTIONS FOR THE COMMENTS:
- Have you used Save the Cat to plot your book? How did you go? What worked and what didn’t?
- Have you used any other plotting methods that worked? Let me know – I want to try them all!

TIME STAMPS:
1:20 – Watch me panic about Nanowrimo
4:17 – Beat sheet attempt results
5:17 – My first beat sheet attempt vs my second beat sheet attempt
8:38 – How do to the Save the Cat ‘Board’
10:10 – What needs to happen on each card – emotional change and conflict
11:23 – My boards!
11:45 – Closing thoughts

BOOKS MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO:
- Take Your Pants Off by Libbie Hawker
- Save the Cat by Blake Snyder
- Story Engineering by Larry Brooks
- Book Blueprint by yours truly!

FIND ME ONLINE:
Instagram:
Website:
Nanowrimo:

#savethecat #nanowrimo #preptober

writing vlog,writing,writing a book,writing a novel,novel writing,author vlog,writing vlogs,writing vlog 2019,amwriting vlog,authortube vlog,writing a novel vlog,writing routine,writing process,nanowrimo vlog,authortube writing vlog,creative writing,steps to writing a book,writer,authortube,#authortube,authortuber,author tube,authortubers,author,authortube content,

Post a Comment

0 Comments