Advertisement

Subject and Object Pronouns

Subject and Object Pronouns A pronoun is a word that takes the place of a noun. Without pronouns we would have to keep repeating our nouns.

We don't say: My brother is very friendly. Everyone likes my brother.
Instead, we say: My brother is very friendly. Everyone likes him.

The personal pronouns I, you, he, she, it, we and they are used as the subject of a verb in a sentence, while me, you, him, her, it, us and them take the object of the sentence.

My name is Omar. I have three dogs. – The pronoun I is the subject.

My brother is very friendly. Everyone likes him.– The pronoun her is the object.

Remember: The subject of a sentence is the person, animal or thing that does the action shown by the verb. The object of a sentence is the person, animal or thing that receives the action shown by the verb.

Personal pronouns are divided into three groups: First person (the person speaking), Second person (the person spoken to) and Third person (the person, animal or thing spoken about), in singular and plural forms.

Use these tables to help you remember:

Subject Object
First Person Singular
I
me
Second Person Singular
you
you
Third Person Singular
he / she / it
him / her / it


First Person Plural
we
us
Second Person Plural
you
you
Third Person Plural
they
them

Learn English,Subject and Object pronouns,اتعلم انجليزي,English,

Post a Comment

0 Comments