Advertisement

18 Things You Might Have Missed - iOS 13 WWDC Apple Keynote

18 Things You Might Have Missed - iOS 13 WWDC Apple Keynote Nothing really stood out for me about iOS13. Maybe except the 30% improvement for FaceID which means I'll be able to buy my IAP gems even quicker now?

But Here’s 18(actually 19 things) that I noticed that other’s may not have.

1. 97% customer satisfaction

Stats like this always make me chuckle. When it comes to satisfaction, don’t I need something else to compare it to? I can only use iOS on an iPhone, nothing else so technically, shouldn’t the 100% of the customers be satisfied?

2. Tim Cook throws shade on the “Other guys”

Tim Cook refers to the “Other guys” but doesn’t outright say Android.

3. CRAIG FERENGHI!

Two things about Craig. Every time I see his last name, I think of the Ferengi. Now you will too. Also, when is his standup routine coming out?

4. iOS 13 - Performance based

What stands out more is the fact that FaceID is going to be 30% faster which means that you’ll be able to buy more gems in your favorite P2W game 30% faster. With the new Apple Credit Card.

5. Seriously? QUICK PATH KEYBOARD?

Welcome to 2010?

How did this even make it into the new features of iOS13? It should have been a sidenote, at the bottom of iOS13’s webpage that reads “we finally brought out a keyboard that everybody else has been implementing for the last 8 years”.

6. O good. Dark mode

Seriously. I think my MacBook Pro has dark mode. I’ve never used it. Do we hate the color white so much that we have to make everything black?

7.-Sharing suggestions (neat machine learning) (using proper term, not AI)

We’re going to hear a lot more about machine learning. Now there’s this common notion that machine learning is AI when the two are completely different. From my perspective, AI is about making the right decisions whereas machine learning is all about learning things from data.
8.-LYDAR - 11:36

I use to work a lot with LiDar. The pronunciation of LYDAR in the keynote through me off. It’s just one of those words that if you say it enough times, starts to sound weird.

Also, Elon Musk hates LiDar. True story.

9.-OLD MAP VS. NEW MAP

Craig shows an updated map called “New Map” vs map with no data, aptly called “Old Map”.

I hate you Apple Maps.

10.-Lookaround - Streetview

I still hate you Apple Maps

11.-Private and Secure

Apple believes Privacy is a fundamental human right. Where as other tech companies believe it’s their right to harvest your information and then enslave you with it by selling it to advertisers.

12.-Privacy

Now I was going to make fun of Social Logins. I thought it was going to be like Apple’s Credit Card which from my perspective is going to be a cash cow BUT having a random email address assigned to each app so that you don’t get any spam email. That’s awesome.

How excited are people for random email addresses. So Excited.

I’m a HUGE fan of email alias. It really helps with sorting through the spam. With Apple’s implementation of a social login, that painful process of trying to determine if that one ED email is real is going to be that…much…easier.


13. IOS 13 Memoji’s accessories

What did I just watch.

Seriously, what did I just watch.

Seriously, what did all of you watch.

Now given that China’s probably going to ban iPhone’s in the near future, Apple must be doubling down on making features in the new iOS more appealing to the young people.

Because gosh darn-it, we definitely need to find more ways for our youth to waste their time on useless things while we talk down to time, telling them to use their time better rather than wasting it on things that we, the older generation have created.

14. Camera/Photos

The biggest upgrade in the Photo’s app is that the Months are organized by months. Yep. That was said.

15. The Owl App

There’s an app with an owl on it. What is that app?

I’m asking for my son who’s currently fascinated with my beakless own that sits on the porch that supposedly keeps the pigeons away.

16.-Handoff to HomePod

Handoff sounds like a cool idea. BUT what happens when you’ve place your HomePod in an out of the way place?

17.-Siri Shortcuts

I haven’t used Siri shortcuts. Have you guys? At least there’s an app now that helps me see what it actually does.

18. Siri sounds better?

This is creepy. We’re so screwed once the robs-callers get this tech. Also, the machine uprising is coming isn’t it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to stay in the loop! We release 2-3 videos a week so there's going to be something new every week. We're all about helping you get the most out of iOS so click Subscribe!

WEBSITE:
T-SHIRTS:
PATREON:

INSTAGRAM:
TWITTER:
AARON:
FACEBOOK:

mobilereviewseh,ios 13,wwdc 2019,dark mode,macos 10.15,ios 13 features,ios 13 beta 1,ios 13 ipad,apple wwdc,ios 13 beta,ios 13 dark mode,ios 13 leaks,ios 13 release date,ios 13 iphone,ios 13 supported devices,ios 13 changes,ios 13 download,ios 13 update,ios 13 siri voice,wwdc 2019 full,dark mode ios 13,

Post a Comment

0 Comments